- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked
- 10 tblspoons olive oil
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bayleaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tblspoons red wine
- 2 tblspoons tomato paste
- 2 cups warm water
- place oil in a frying pan and heat up, on high
- add beef and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring
- using a holed dipper, remove beef and place in a cooking pot
- place in frying pan with left over oil, onion, garlic, and bayleaves, and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring.
- add salt and pepper, stir.
- pour over wine, and then tomato paste diluted in water.
- continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- pour mix over beef in cooking pot, turn stove down to medium and cook untill sauce is thick and beef is tender (about 30 minutes); if beef is tough, you may need to add 1/2 to 1 cup warm water and cook some more.
- remove bayleaves
- mix beef with cooked pasta.
note: to test if sause is ready, take one tblspoon of sauce out from bottom of cooking pot and empty it in a white dish; if all you can see is the oil and the mashed onion, it is ready; if you see some liquids other than oil and onion then it needs to be cooked some more.
(click a label to find Olympia's related recipes)